To obtain a duplicate VIN or MSO, you must have a title containing your trailer’s VIN or a bill of sale containing your trailer’s VIN.  You can submit your request and documentation by emailing us at Or, you may contact a Triton dealer or factory representative near you to submit your request and documentation. Click here to locate a dealer or factory representative near you.  There is a charge for a duplicate VIN or MSO and credit card payments are accepted.

A Certificate of Origin (C.O.) or Manufacturer Statement of Origin (MSO) is similar to a Certificate of Title issued by your local DMV. A vehicle manufacturer issues a C.O. to the original purchasing dealer. The dealer endorses it to the new vehicle owner who then submits it to the local DMV upon vehicle registration. Sometimes the dealer will handle this transaction. The local DMV then issues a Certificate of Title or some other ownership document to the new vehicle purchaser.

A vehicle identification number (VIN) is a unique 17-character code used by the automotive industry to identify individual vehicles.

The VIN label is located on the driver’s side tongue or side rail.  The VIN has 17 characters.